For many people, eating healthy is a chore. But for most of us why would we bother eating a salad or a healthy meal, when the world is filled with the cheesiest pizzas or layers of yummy cakes and all.
Eating healthy can also be made delicious, if its prepared freshly with added flavors like herbs and spices.
Here I’m sharing a healthy salad “Herb Salad” recipe where you includes healthy veggies from green leafy vegetable, roots & tubers and other vegetable groups along with some herbs and spices for the added flavors and increase their satiety value.
- 1 Tbsp Lemon juice
- 3 tsp Olive oil
- 1 cup of celery leaves, cilantro leaves, basil and mint leaves
- 1/2 cup red cabbage and lettuce
- 2 tsp coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup steamed broccoli floret
- Black salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 part of lemon juice and 3 parts of olive oil & salt & pepper.
- Toss with celery, cilantro, basil, mint leaves, lettuce, red cabbage, steamed broccoli and mix well.
- Garnish the salad with coriander leaves.