What diet should I follow to get sufficient nutrients, as in my hostel the food is pathetic, and my b… by Gonutry Go
Answer by Gonutry Go:
Living in a hostel do matters with the quality of food that you are served with. That's why one living in a hostel is always asked to check with the food quality and quantity. One has to include the outsource like nuts & seeds, low-fat milk & its products, eggs, green salads, etc.
As you said that you are not able to keep well with your nutrients on a daily basis. Then as an expert I would suggest you to add some healthy nutritious supplements like whey protein, multivitamin, fish oil along with breakfast cereals, nuts & seeds, fruits, milkshake, smoothies,etc.
A sample diet considering that you are doing gym in the evening, can be like the below:
Early Morning: 1 scoop whey protein
Breakfast: 1 Bowl breakfast cereal(with fruit, seeds & nuts) along with 3-4 boiled egg whites.
Mid-morning: Green tea with nuts
Lunch: Chapati/Rice with seasonal veggies, salad, curd or whole dal.
Pre-workout: Black coffee with fruit/ nuts or a Pre-workout supplement
Post-workout : 1 scoop whey protein
Dinner : 150 gm boiled/steamed chicken breast/fish with green salad/veggies.
- Include handful of nuts & seeds, multigrain bread with peanut butter, etc as a healthy snack.
- Keep yourself hydrated with minimum 4 L a day
- You can include healthy beverages like tender coconut water, lime water/ detox water, etc
- Include lean protein sources in your diet like egg whites, chicken breast, fish, etc
- Include seasonal fruits daily.